23 March, 2009

Yamazakura is in full bloom / Asukayama Park, Oji, Kita ward


Saturday morning (20th. March), Lee and I went to Asukayama Park and found that Yamazakura was in full bloom.

Yamazakura is known as the early riser. As you can see, the color of petals is bright-white, and red colored young leaves appeared simultaneously, in contrast to the ordinary Sakura (Somei Yoshino), which has pink petals and no leaves when it blooms.



On Saturday morning, except for Yamazakura, Sakura (Somei Yoshino) trees had not bloomed yet.
But the blossom buds seemed to be prepared to bloom.

I couldn't go there to watch them this morning but I suppose they have started to blossom today. I'm looking forward to taking the full-bloomed Sakura photos and post them on this blog next weekend.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ローラ said...

So pretty! I love all of the different flowers in Japan.

It looks like you took photos on a nice day.

29/3/09 10:56  
Blogger Shige_d said...

ローラさん
Thank you for the comment on my photos. Beautiful, aren't they?
To tell the truth, I'd never been interested in flowers before. But since I started taking flower's photos for this blog, I've learned how interesting and so beautiful they are.

30/3/09 01:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home