29 April, 2007

Sakura @Mitsui Club / Mita, Minato ward

Since the end of March, it has been a very busy days and I couldn't have chances to go around ohanami area and to take sakura(cherry blossom) photos.
On the second Sunday in April, I barely took photos of the last sakura of this season.



Sakura blossom season is very short. but after the sakura petals fall off, there are fresh and bright green leaves. these leaves shine brightly with the spring sunlight. I love this scene. it's beautiful. I can feel the vital energy of nature.
Will you laugh at me, if I say I feel it is very symbolic that this event come off at the Easter season?


Let me talk about the place where these pics were taken.
The Mitsui Club at Mita. That was the building next to the Australian Embasy.
The building was built in 1913 as a guest house of the Mitsui conglomerates. The architect was Josiah Conder, father of Japanese modern architecture. Last autumn I posted Condor's other piece of arcitecture, the Furukawa residense. Unlike the Furukawa residense, which is British classical-style architecture, the Mitsui Club has a Renaissanse design.




The Mitsui Club has a beautiful garden.



Yamabuki(Kerria Japonica) flowers were in full bloom. A color named yamabuki-iro(yamabuki-color) has been used as the color of gold or gold currency. Nowadays I can barely find this expression in poems or histrical dramas. Can you imagine this color as gold currency?

Sakura petals were falling on yamabuki leaves.

Tsunamachi Mitsui Club
Closest station: Azabu Ju-ban (Nanboku line of Tokyo Metro)

There is a fancy restaurant. Don't forget your jacket and to make a reservation!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

11/11/08 01:08  
Blogger Shige_d said...

Thank you!

11/11/08 22:06  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your lovely website. I’m an American living in Bogotá, Colombia, and happened upon your webpage after viewing a photo album of a wedding my friend attended at the Mitsui Club. When I read you’d appreciate advice as you seek to improve your English writing skills (which are very good, I might add), being an English teacher I thought I would accept your invitation to note some changes you could make.

I could not highlight where the changes were, so I’ll just send the corrected text:

Welcome to my weblog. In this blog, I'm introducing a lot of scenes of what I saw during a morning walk with my dog, Lee. Tokyo is often called a big modern concrete jungle, but it also includes a lot of classical architecture, temples, shrines, statues, and traditional festivals with interesting history (stories?) or legends associated with them. I hope you enjoy these entries, and I would be very happy if you would leave some comment. I'm an English learner and struggling to improve my writing skills. It'd be very appreciated if you would give me some advice in the comment box. Thank you.
The Mitsui Club at Mita. That was the next building of the Australian Embassy (not sure what you mean – That was the building next to the AE? That was the next building after the AE?).
The architect was Josiah Conder, father of Japanese modern architecture. Last autumn I posted Condor's other piece of architecture, the Furukawa residence. Unlike the Furukawa residence, which is British classical-style architecture, the Mitsui Club has a Renaissance design.

Yamabuki(Kerria Japonica) flowers were in full bloom. A color named yamabuki-iro(yamabuki-color) has been used as the color of gold or gold currency. Nowadays I can barely find it in poems or historical dramas. Can you imagine this color as gold currency?

Blessings,
Jen

13/12/09 12:07  
Blogger Shige_d said...

Thank you very much, Jennifer. I have been waiting for such comment. I apprecitate it!

I will study your kind comment thoroughly, then correct my article. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Shige

13/12/09 23:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kerria Japonica. I had one in my garden in Alabama (USA). I liked it very much. Also known as the "Yellow Rose of Texas" I believe. Until now I had no idea that it was one and the same as the Yama Buki mentioned in Sen Masao's song "Kita Guni no Haru". Thank you.
Allan

27/5/10 12:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home