07 January, 2006

Happy New Year!

The year 2006 is my year. Yes, year of the Dog!














Thank you very much, Kazu! He kindly gave me beautiful Kumade photos. This kumade is being displayed at Sugamo station close to Sugamo Oh-tori shrine. It's about 2m tall with beautiful decoration.

It's decorated with;
  • laughing woman's mask: Okame. Symbol of happiness.
  • oval shape gold: Koban(old currency). Symbol of wealth.
  • red fish: Tai(Proggy). Symbol of auspicious.
  • crane & turtle: Symbol of longevity.

Can you find all of these items?




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shige_d said...

Thank you for your comment, Kazu.
There's Ms.OKAME in our company? Who? ....Oh, I think I'd better not hear about it!
Anyway, thank you for your kind offer. Actually, I've never been to the Edo-Tokyo Museum. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. (Shige)

23/1/06 20:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home